Smarty Pants Day Nursery
Nursery Deputy Manager
Location: Plashet Road, Plaistow, London, E13 0PZ
Salary: £26,500 – £28,500 dependent on level of experience.
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
We are Smarty Pants Day Nursery and we are recruiting!
Passionate about working with babies and young children?
An experienced leader looking for a new career opportunity?
Reliable, patient and positive in your approach?
If so then we want to hear from you!
Nursery Deputy Manager – The Role:
We aim to provide an environment where every child will experience endless opportunities and is prepared for a successful future.
As our Deputy Nursery Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the nursery in attaining high levels of achievement.
In addition to this you will:
• Lead mentor and inspire a team to deliver the highest care and educations standards
• Support and carryout 1-1 meetings and supervisions
• Support the Nursery Manager with recruiting, inducting, supporting, training and appraising all staff
• Ensure strong and effective performance management and monitoring processes
• Operate alongside the direction of the Manager, deputising as required
• Adhere to policies and procedures implemented by Smarty Pants Day Nursery, ensuring relevant legislation is met
• Be the Designated Safeguarding Lead at the nursery, holding overall responsibility for the day to day management of safeguarding and child protection
• Maintain and promote the brand of Smarty Pants Day Nursery
• Be responsible for ensuring that security is maintained at all times, including opening and closing the Nursery
• Deliver the Early Years Foundation Stage framework and any other appropriate guidance
• Oversee the planning and provision of a stimulating environment with a balance of challenging and inspiring child/adult lead activities
• Proactively contribute to effective team working and foster open and honest communication amongst all employees within the business
• Work in partnership with staff and parents/carers encouraging parental involvement in the nursery
• Attend training (including staff closure day training days) and cascading training within the staff team
Nursery Deputy Manager – What we need from you:
We are looking for a motivated, passionate, caring and experienced Deputy Manager to join our friendly Nursery Team!
• Childcare qualified to Level 3 / 4 from a recognised awarding scheme (CWDC Diploma, NNEB, BTEC, NVQ, CACHE)
• 2 years’ relevant experience of managing and motivating a staff team
• A comprehensive understanding of all aspects of the running of a Nursery
• Excellent organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines and targets
• You will need to be flexible and enthusiastic with a good sense of humour
• We are also looking for a person who is able to work on his or her own initiative within the Nursery setting
• Excellent knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage, Safeguarding and Ofsted
• Have a sound knowledge of good nursery practice and an interest in keeping up to date
• Excellent communication skills
• 28 days holiday (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
• Ongoing training throughout your development with Smarty Pants Day Nursery including 3 staff inset training days per year
• Discounted childcare
• Employee benefit scheme
• Refer a friend bonus
If you’re passionate about working with babies and young children and are ready for a new career opportunity with an “Outstanding” nursery that values all practitioners, children and parents, then click on “Apply” to submit your CV.
We are committed to safer recruitment procedures and all employees are subject to enhanced DBS checks and prohibition checks. Relevant references will also need to be obtained.