SMART Education Recruitment Ltd
Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teaching Assistant – Nursery School
Our nursery school is a vibrant and inclusive nursery school dedicated to providing exceptional early childhood education to our diverse community. We are committed to nurturing the unique potential of every child, including those with Special Educational Needs (SEN). We are currently seeking passionate and dedicated SEN Teaching Assistants to join our team and make a positive impact on the lives of our young learners who have a variety of additional needs.
As an SEN Teaching Assistant, you will play a crucial role in supporting children with Special Educational Needs to reach their full potential. You will work closely with our experienced teaching staff, parents, and external professionals to create a nurturing and inclusive learning environment for all children in our care.
– Provide one-on-one and small group support to children with SEN.
– Collaborate with teachers to adapt lesson plans and teaching strategies to meet individual needs.
– Create and implement personalized learning plans and interventions.
– Foster a supportive and inclusive atmosphere in the classroom.
– Monitor and track the progress of children with SEN.
– Communicate effectively with parents and guardians, keeping them informed of their child’s progress and any concerns.
– Assist with the development of individualized education programs (IEPs).
– Always ensure the safety and well-being of all children.
Qualifications and Requirements:
– A minimum of a Level 2 or Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent.
– Experience working with children with Special Educational Needs is essential.
– Knowledge of SEN strategies and best practices.
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
– Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for working with children.
– DBS on the update service or issued in the last 12 months.
– Recent safeguarding & Prevent training (we offer free CPD)
If you are a compassionate and dedicated individual who is committed to providing quality education and support to children with Special Educational Needs, we would love to hear from you.
Join our team and help us create an inclusive and enriching educational experience for all children.
Please contact Alexandra Evans, Primary Education Consultant at Smart Education
I look forward to hearing from you!
Job Title: SEN Nursery Teaching Assistant
Location: Erdington, Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
Hours: Full Time, Monday to Friday
Start Date: January 2024
Level 3 or Level 2 qualifications
6+ months experience within the last 12 months in a nursery/ primary school setting
DBS on the update service or issued in the last 12 months.
Salary: £82.00+ per day
Interview Dates: As soon as Possible
Contact: Alexandra Evans, Primary Education Consultant at Smart Education
SMART Education recruits into Teaching Jobs in Birmingham and across the West Midlands, and into Home Tutor jobs across the UK.