Salary: 23,000.00 per annum plus Veolia benefits
Programme Duration: 4 years
This is a fantastic opportunity for any 6th-form student who would like to achieve a Degree in Chemistry while also gaining hands-on experience and earning money.
When you see the world as we do, you see the chance to help the world take better care of its resources, and help it become a better place for everyone.
Our traineeship scheme puts you at the forefront of Ecological Transformation, contributing towards our purpose of protecting the planet’s natural resources, while supporting the communities we work in.
We know that everyone here at Veolia can help us work alongside our communities, look after the environment in small and big ways, and contribute towards our inclusive culture.
What we can offer you;
– 25 days of annual leave
– Ongoing training and development opportunities, allowing you to reach your full potential
– Access to our company pension scheme
– Discounts on everything from groceries to well-known retailers
– One paid days leave every year to volunteer and support your community
– Access to a range of resources to support your physical, mental and financial health; so you can lean on us whenever you need to
– 24-hour access to a virtual GP, 365 days a year, for you and family members in your household
Training and development;
The successful candidate will be provided with an opportunity to embark on a four-year course that will be fully funded by Veolia, including a day release to study, a week in the Summer to attend the Open University Campus and the full support and resources required to complete this qualification. At the end of which the successful candidate will be a fully qualified chemist on site with a nationally recognised qualification.
Full internal training will also be provided in various aspects of site operations, including health and safety, environmental protection and waste regulations.
With many of our colleagues starting as trainees, you’ll receive full support and guidance from everyone throughout.
By the end of your traineeship, you’ll have received industry-standard training and attained qualifications that will enable you to progress and reach your full potential.
What you’ll be doing;
– Work for the senior chemist in the hazardous waste transfer station.
– Analyse incoming material to the site for compliance against agreed waste specifications.
– Allocate recycling and disposal routes for incoming material, ensuring all legal requirements for environmental protection are complied with.
– Help to ensure the site and plant operates in a safe and compliant manner.
What we’re looking for;
– A minimum of A-Level in Chemistry or equivalent.
– Willingness to travel with occasional short stays away from home
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills
– Excellent time management and organisational skills
– Ability to work as part of a team
– Willingness to learn
Before we can consider your application further, you’ll need to complete a couple of short, gamified assessments. If you’re successful following this, we’ll then invite you to one of our virtual assessment days and a site visit.
Apply today, so we can make a difference for generations to come.
We’re proud to be listed in The Sunday Times Best Places to Work 2023, being named as a Top 10 Very Big Organisation and Highly Commended as a workplace for 55+.
This accolade further demonstrates our commitment to our people and our actions in creating an environment where everyone can be their true selves and enjoy working at Veolia.
We want to ensure that you feel supported throughout the application process and provide reasonable adjustments where necessary and requested. If you require any reasonable adjustments as part of your application and interview process please do not hesitate to let us know.
Here at Veolia, we’re proud to be known as an equal opportunities employer. We know how important it is to be fully committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive place to work for every one of our colleagues. So no matter their age, gender, gender expression, disability, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexuality or veteran status, every applicant who meets the minimum requirements will be considered fully.